RM 1,500 in 10 minutes

1500 magical

I went up to Genting on Saturday night to blow off some steam since I’ve been working the entire week and I needed a break. I had a RM 2,800 bankroll with me and I planned to win at least RM 1,500 this trip. The odd bankroll amount is from the costume hire that Wai Ching got for me, paid her RM 200 back so I’m left with RM 2,800.

1500 neon

I was feeling pretty good about this trip coz Katy Perry’s Waking Up In Vegas was playing and it seemed like the stars were aligned in my favor.

1500 red

I even had my red underwear on okayz! Don’t play play.
Disclaimer: sixthseal.com is not responsible for blindness, loss of sight, or nausea resulting from the photo. :p

BTW, I’m not superstitious; most of my underwear just happens to be red. LOL! Okay, enough crap here’s the battle report:

I walked into the casino and went scouting for the first Baccarat table with a female dealer. I have better luck with female dealers. I cashed my RM 2,800 for chips at the Baccarat table and put RM 500 on Player and RM 100 on Player Double.

It must have been my lucky night coz Player drew two 3’s in a row. I was a bit flabbergasted at my luck, to be honest. Player lost though coz 6 < 8. However, even though I lost the RM 500 I put on Player, I won RM 1,100 from Player Double (11-1 payout).

Bankroll health: RM 3,400 (+RM 600)

I’m up by RM 600. I just need another 1k and I’m done! πŸ™‚

I put RM 500 on Player. Player wins. I’m up RM 1,100. Just RM 400 to go!

I put RM 500 on Player. Some guy came to the table and started changing into chips so I was given time to think. My strategy was to go Player, Player, Banker but I didn’t want to budge. I should have. Banker won that round. My winnings were pared to RM 600 again.

I like to be in and out in a few minutes so I doubled up and stuck with Player. I lost RM 1,000. Shit.

Bankroll health: RM 2,400 (-RM 400)

I’m going all out. It’s do or die time. I put RM 2,000 (the table limit) on Player and watched the sad looking RM 400 pile of chips in front of me. I would be fucked if I lost this round.

Guess what? Player draws a 9. w00tz!

Bankroll health: RM 4,400 (+RM 1,600)

I stood up and turned to Wai Ching. We’re leaving, I said happily.
WC: So fast? You’ve won 1.5k?
HB: Yeah, a bit more. 1.6k.
WC: That was fast.

Yup, it was and I was this close *holds fingers 1 cm apart* from losing my entire bankroll. It’s a good thing doubling up worked coz that was my last chance. You can’t really stage a comeback with just RM 400.

1500 win

I was so happy I went into the toilet and took a photo. I present RM 4,400 in chips…

…and a video of RM 4,400 in chips. Heh!

Anyway, since I’ve won RM 1,600, that extra RM 100 looks a bit out of place. A bonus, if you will. Deadwood that’s burning a hole in my pocket. :p I needed to get rid of it for a nice, round figure. I went over to the Roulette table and put RM 100 on 6.

Round and round the ball goes, and where it stops I kinda know. :p

We were both astounded…the ball landed precariously between 27 and 6 before settling in the former. 6 is just BESIDE 27 on the Roulette table. Just 0.01 mm more, and I would have won a cool RM 3,500 on top of my RM 4,400 for a total of RM 7,900, which would EXACTLY recoup my previous loss at Genting.

1500 band

…but I didn’t learn that lesson for nothing. Let’s not be greedy. I cashed out with a net profit of RM 1,500 and we went for dinner.

1500 wc

…and the customary beer tower celebration! =D

I also went up to the stage and rendered a Hokkien number – it goes something like “30% is attributed to fate, 70% is from your own efforts – he who dares wins“.

1500 girl

Bye Genting!

Adios motherfucker, this time I win. =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

42 thoughts on “RM 1,500 in 10 minutes”

1. Simon Seow: Red underwear is MANDATORY for Genting trips. πŸ˜‰
    That said, all of my underwear is red except for a blue pair and a white pair.
    Naoko: Yup, I didn’t chase the win. It’s a Bad Idea (TM) as I found out during the previous trip. πŸ™‚
    Fumoffu: It ought to be standard issue, my friend. Good luck! πŸ™‚
    Chuck U. Farley: Yup, they have Texas Hold ‘Em…only 1-2 tables though. πŸ™‚

2. just curious have you ever ko’ed some1 or been ko’ed yerself? also man i think u should become a state executioner, it sounds fun they dont have that in my country

3. Ah, Baccarat is heaps of fun. I won quite a lot playing in Crown also a couple of years ago. Then this idiot started following whatever I bet on and he lost $500 in one shot, OH WELL :X

4. Having the mental fortitude to quit when you’re ahead is admirable. Good for you. Btw, I’m typing this comment without the benefit of sight because the red underwear photo caused me to poke both of my eyes out with a sharp stick.

5. christock: Awesome! Every good wardrobe should have several pairs of red underwear. πŸ˜‰
    eiling: Thanks Eiling! Your lucky wallet had something to do with it too, me thinks! Cheers for that! πŸ™‚
    pm: Yes to both. I think most guys have. :S
    It’s not fun, but it happens. State executioner? Hmm…unless they pay me really well, then I’ll think about it.
    ShaolinTiger: Yeah, red briefs have certain hidden powers that will manifest in bouts of good fortune in casinos. πŸ˜‰
    Mellissa: Yup, I love Baccarat – it’s just about the fairest odds in the house. πŸ™‚
    I loved playing at Crown too. I won some, lost more but it was all good. I loved the free drinks you can get over there, they seriously start plying you with alcohol when you’re playing high stakes.
    julian: Hmm…we can arrange a trip up to Genting someday. πŸ™‚
    Baccarat is pretty straightfoward – Banker and Player draws and the closest to 9 wins. 0 is the lowest possible score.
    Jacklyn: Nope, I had some money from selling the TV and from other stuff, all nice and legal, mind. πŸ™‚
    John: ROTFLMAO! OMG, you made me laugh out loud. Thanks buddy, I needed that. πŸ™‚
    Yeah, it can be quite hard to walk away during a winning streak. It’s sometimes easier to just not think, look down and keep walking to the cashier, cash out and keep walking to the exit and NOT look back. πŸ™‚

6. It’s good I can type although suffering from temporary blindness due to the unexpected exposure πŸ˜›
    Way to go, man! I love Baccarat, simple, easy and fast. RM1.6k in 10 mins, that’s really fast haha! Good that you stick to your plan, easy to say hard to follow. Huat huat huat! Hahaha!

7. bongkersz: Haha! My apologies for the photo dude. LOL!
    Thanks mate, yeah, I love Baccarat coz it’s fast…in fact most of the 10 minutes were spent dealing out chips, exchanging money and other stuff like that instead of actual dealing.
    Fast. Just like how I like my…cars. πŸ˜‰
    Arth Akal: Hmm…bro, I think there’s something about female lingerie that is against the traditional Chinese ideas of luck but fuck it, whatever works mate. πŸ™‚
    Thanks! πŸ™‚
    Shirley Snow: I guess I am kinda lucky, but this trip (and the 1.5k) was aimed to cover very specific costs, which has all been accounted for. πŸ™‚
    Anyway, I give 1% of my luck to you. Godspeed!

8. Wow~ Your red underwear sure brings you luck eh~!
    Yeah, to be in Casino and win the main point is not to be greedy~ Hehe~
    How to guess where the ball is landing during roulette? :p

9. HB, I played by placing in many places in roulette not bad for take home. Favorite game so far in winning. Always look for hot table in playing craps bet along with winner.

10. YESSSSS!High five man! Now that’s a great evening.
    SO what’s your plans for your winnings?
    PS: you can get job as male stripper πŸ˜‰

11. DYMM_Tuanku: Does the job eh? πŸ˜‰
    Robb: LOL! Sure dude, not guaranteed to work for everyone though. πŸ™‚
    Mr Walker: It’s RM 179. I always remember the costs in Genting coz I mentally auto deduct from my earnings. Taxi back in RM 120. I never drive coz it’s a bit too dangerous to drive on that kind of road after drinking.
    Reiko: Yup! I have several pairs but the one I’m most confident with is this one, the Levi’s red briefs. Heh!
    Roulette? It’s a game of pure chance. You never know where the ball is gonna land. I chose 6 coz I like the number. πŸ™‚
    Jess: My apologies for any loss of sight or hair torn out during the ordeal of seeing that image. πŸ˜‰
    Michael (Mike): Yeah, that’s the proper way to play Roulette – spread your bets. I don’t do it though coz it’s not my game. I like Baccarat coz it’s fast.
    Jeff: Thanks bro! πŸ™‚
    Heh! The winnings have all been accounted for, technically, I didn’t win or lose, I just covered some expenses. πŸ™‚
    chefmel: No la where got. It’s 1.5k only, and the trip back and forth if you take a cab is already RM 200 and the beer tower another RM 200 if you round it up. You take home just enough to cover a bit here and there. πŸ™‚
    Now if I had won 5 figures, I would be happy. Kenot be greedy though, it was catastrophic last time I aimed for 5 figures. Now I just stick to 4. πŸ™‚
    Trey: Hey, stop staring at my crotch. πŸ˜‰
    pm: I think twice. You just wake up with the worst headache ever, worse than hangovers. But yeah, it’s all good. That’s all in the past though.
    chefmel: I went shopping at Suria KLCC on Sunday to pick up a couple of things. I wanted to get a DKNY shirt but decided against it since it was meant to cover some expenses. πŸ™‚
    jg: Hmm…I’ll try. I don’t have a red thong though. πŸ˜‰

12. how did u get them? did they hit u after u went out? when i got a concussion i felt impaired for a long time aftrwards did that happen to u?

13. pm: I remember the first time, I had to be carried back into the car. :S
    victor: You don’t even want to know about last weekend. πŸ™
    It’s disasterous!