I’m not much of a karaoke singer but I love singing (though some would call what I do yowling). There are two classics which inevitably come up sometime during the night. This was from my trip back to Sibu. The song is a Hokkien number called Ai Pia Jia Eh Ya (Gotta do the blood, sweat, tears thing to succeed).

I can’t read or write Chinese so I always struggle (except at the chorus). The song goes:
Something something something
Blah blah blah
(chorus starts)
30% is decided by fate, the other 70% is up to you
You’ve got to fight your way to success

The other number that tends to be rendered is a song called “Friends”. This is usually belted out with much camaraderie and a lot of arms around each other’s shoulders. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10 Responses to “Sing k”

  1. omg…ur singing…

  2. i swear i stop watching ur first video after the first few secs :P

  3. I dislike that song. So cina-ah-pek one…

  4. U have to brush up ur singing…but i admire ur courage when u don’t know the words:)
    Clicked ur nuffang.

  5. lol is hilarious…
    But actually he sings better english songs.. esp eminem~ lol

  6. debbie: Atrocious right? Haha! I still like to sing though. :)
    PinkPorkChop: Eh, my crowning moment wor. ;)
    eiling: Haha! I used to hate it but I kinda like it now. Hmm…signs that I’m turning Cinapek? ;)
    A good alternative is My Way by Frankie. :)
    kelvin: Heh! That’s what I always do. I sing even though I’m bad at it. Sing like no one’s listening! :)
    Jan: Hmm…I think I’m tone deaf in general. :)

  7. I want to say this blog is very good. I always like to learn something new about this because I have the similar blog in my Country on this subject so this help´s me a lot. I did a search on the subject and found a good number of blogs but nothing like this.Thanks for sharing so much in your blog.. Greets, Yanira Leal

  8. Hi there! I really love reading your blog today! Keep making great posts and I will come back every day!!

  9. Hey, i’ve been reading this weblog for a while and have a question, maybe you can help… it’s how do i add your feed to my rss reader as i want to follow you. Kudos. Respectfully, Herta.

  10. Many thanks for the informative post. My wife’s calling me for dinner So I need to operate off without having reading as much as I’d like.

Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

© 2002 - 2010 Poh Huai Bin Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha