How I lost RM 35,000 in Genting

21000 cash

Haih. Damn no mood to blog la. I went up to Uncle Lim’s domain armed with a bottle of Absolut Flavor of the Tropics which impaired my judgement for an overnight stay (and a bit of gambling on the side).

We went up pretty early – not check in time yet, so I went into the casino with a buy in of RM 6,400. I put RM 2,000 on Roulette and RM 300 on 24 or 25 (can’t remember) based on Naomi‘s advice.

I won the even odds, even payout, which nets me RM 1,700.

I should have left at this point. I wanted to go to Port Dickson, but all the rooms were booked, and actually made a reservation for Fraser’s Hill. Unfortunately, it was raining so after a bit of thought…Genting!

Now, if I had left at that time, I would have gotten a bit of pocket money minus the trip costs.

Unfortunately I made a second bet (also 2k) and lost, before switching tables and lost all of my initial RM 6,400 buy in.

This forced me to go to the International Room to withdraw RM 5,000 from my credit card. I was actually up at one point, playing Baccarat.

1000 chip genting

However, two bad decisions (going against the dragon instead of chasing it) with a RM 4,000 bet each time made me lose RM 12,000 (inclusive of credit card charges).

Now, if that is not bad enough, I went out, and was about to check into the hotel when I saw Maybank. My ethanol impaired decision made me withdraw RM 21,000 from my savings account.

THIS. IS. FUCKING. IT.

20k chips genting

I wanted to put RM 20,000 on Black on Roulette (when there was a Red dragon going – 7 in a row) but I was in the First World Hotel casino where they only allow RM 12,000 max instead of the RM 20,000 max in the main Genting casino.

This is SINK OR SWIM. It is the deciding factor of whether I would lose big or win back all my losses plus a neat RM 7,000. It was the:

genting roulette table

Moment of Truth (TM)

Photo discretely taken with my cell phone after I finished texting someone.

Look at the pile of chips on Black. Motherfucker. That’s all mine. It’s only 10k though.

The RED DRAGON (fuck you, cunt face) which I attempted to break was stronger than I thought it was. It turned out to be Red.

Lost 10k.

My obstination made me bet AGAINST the dragon again, with the last RM 10,000 bet on Black.

Yeah, bitch guess what? It was RED!

Total loss: RM 33,000

Fuck! I am allowed to use expletives in this post coz 30k is nothing to sneeze at. ๐Ÿ™

The next day, I went on Rapid Roulette and the slot machines. The damn one armed bandit got me up to RM 700 with just a minute RM 400 buy in but how can I be content with that when I have lost so much?

Thus, I went to the Roulette table (the only one that can save me) and put RM 100 on 6 and RM 100 on 29. Yup, no points for guessing here. I lost both.

As Mike a.k.a foodcrazee put it, I “smelled blood” and went in for the kill. Hazardous coz the house ALWAYS wins.

If gambling was a game and there is a Save Mode I could have gone back to many places:

1. The initial RM 2,000 bet on Roulette and RM 300 on a number. That netted me RM 1,700 – more than enough for trip costs. I should not have been greedy. I should have left there and then and checked into the fucking hotel.

2. In the International Room, I was up by RM 11,000 and made a stupid RM 4,000 bet on Player during a Banker run (Banker dragon). I should have shifted to Banker. To compound the mistake, I made ANOTHER RM 4,000 on Player, which I lost as well.

3. My friend saw this table with a Black dragon on Roulette in my last ditch attempt to do a comeback. If I had gone to that table, this post would have been very different – it would have the title “COMEBACK KING!!! Won RM 7,000 after a huge loss. Hail to the fucking King baby”

4. In the International Room, I had a single, lone RM 1,000 chip and put it on 29. There was a HUGE influx of people changing money and placing their bets and I got very impatient and wanted to move to the next table. I should have…coz guess what? That table came out with 29. Motherfucker! I would have covered my losses and went out with a couple of thousands if that had happened.

slot machines

However, that is gambling. It’s like Choose Your Own Adventure (remember those books?). If I had done things differently. If only:

1. I left when I won the first game. RM 1,700 net win, more than enough to cover trip costs. Yay!

2. I didn’t go against the dragon in the International Room. I would have won RM 3,000. Yay!

3. I went to a different table during my last ditch do-or-die RM 20,000 bet. I would have won RM 7,000.

IT COULD HAVE GONE SO DIFFERENTLY!!! I could have won.

Well, all that didn’t happen and it’s not a children’s book. I’m not even going to sulk coz hell, that’s what every loser says so I’m not going to say it.

The principles of gambling is “WHAT IF”. What if all that happened and I added more cash to my condo fund? That is the hook, that is the line, that is the sinker.

I lost RM 35,000 and that’s that. You can’t turn back the clock.

There goes my condo…and my trips…and even my fucking F&B.

T______________________T

On the bright side, perhaps eating bread and water would stop me from my daily drinking. I can’t afford to drink anymore. To be honest, I only have RM 107.35 to my name.

God-fucking-dammit.

Oh well, it’s all my own fault and I shall take all the blame.

I shall console myself with a phrase I learned in China:

genting-china-phrase

It means “Money is a curse, spend it and earn it again“. ๐Ÿ˜‰

All photos taken using the Sony Cybershot TX-5 except the crappy one discreetly taken on the Roulette table.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

114 thoughts on “How I lost RM 35,000 in Genting”

1. Bro, sorry to hear that.
    I experienced losing something like that before. Just that it wasn’t from gambling.
    Mail me and let me bring you out for a drink.
    It will be great to get to know you. Take care.

2. I am simply amazed at the fact that your gambling style is all or nothing…and you dont stop till u got nothing left…..
    But somehow, you will rise to the ocassion again a few months down the road for another killing.
    You really believe in living life to the fullest eh ??

3. Casley: Yeah, FML on that one. 35k. T_T
    The TX-5 is good – waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, snowproof. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Andie: Thanks bro! Appreciate it. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Yeah, this ranks on the Top 10 stupid list of things that I’ve done. ๐Ÿ™
    ah nel: Haha! I don’t believe in luck – it’s all about odds and stats. It was against me at that time. OH WELL. ๐Ÿ™‚
    mrPP: Heh! Yeah that is my style, I either win big or I don’t go at all. ๐Ÿ™‚
    ALL OR NOTHING! =D
    Yup, I am a firm believer in hedonism. Living life to the fullest, enjoying all it has to offer. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. mrPP: Jerine is not in town…and last time I went with her, I lost too. ๐Ÿ™
    It’s all stats and math and luck.
    The house always wins.
    Always. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Omfg 0.0 Can’t imagine being in ur position. It was my first time going to casino (star city) 3 days ago. Dam… gambling is addictive. U keep thinking u’ll win and end up losing more. Careful yo the next time u go to casino. If thrs a next time.

6. Your title attracted me to read your blog.
    After read it, I can feel your pain too, although I had deposited just RM500 with Uncle Lim’s saving account.
    I am thinking, should I go to claim back the money that I “saved”? Or maybe it will end up with I deposit more money with him.
    Anyway, drink is not good for health, perhaps this incident helps you to buy something that money can’t buy.
    I can see you’re a optimistic people.
    Cheers and all the best.

7. Wah bad luck ar
    My advice would be use the money for investment instead of trying luck on gamble =S
    Unless you have millions of extra money to use for entertainment.
    Luckily you are a positive person.

8. Yah gambling is like that, you gotta take it out and run when you win – big or small just cash out.
    Once you start trying to chase losses it goes downhill fast, real fast.
    I’ve seen people lose houses, cars and restaurants over this shit..chasing losses is a never ending blackhole.
    At least your smart enough not to turn to the loan sharks to try and win something back.

9. Gosh..the risks you take. You must have been born with several pairs of large cahones. Just reading your title made me go pale…lol.

10. U know for few weeks i’ve been wondering why theres no new casino post and finally i read the title today…holy motherf**king shit! Seriously bro i really don’t get it why do you always wanna go against the dragon? Be it the Roulette or Baccarat the trend is supposed for you to win! You could have bagged RM35,000 home in cash!!! haih i feel you man…btw wheres your lady luck, this one definitely aint the one lol

11. Being a gambler once, I can totally feel your pain once again. You will feel more pain when the reality sinks in.
    I feel sorry that I couldn’t write enough good points in your last gambling post to convince you to stay away. If you reread my comment, the signs were there for you.
    If you feel despair and have nothing to do, start reading this classic book on Liao Fan’s Four Lessons – How to Change One Destiny:
    Hope it helps.

12. But at least you had a good time, right?
    Aya, don’t complian liaw lah, last 10 days, I lost 40k in the sotck market and that’s not mickey mouse RM either, I could have bought two cars with that money with change to spare, now I have nothing and didn’t even have hot ah moy to play pokies with.

13. Yeah Vitamin B rocks ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh god… RM30k is just like…I dunno, I have no words. You’ll be up again in no time. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m broke now too, but it has nothing to do with Genting. Heh.

14. chrisblitz: I can’t believe I’m in this position too. T_T
    I won’t gamble like this again. If I ever do go out or go to casinos, it’ll be for fun. ๐Ÿ™
    rongping: Well, don’t try and chase back your losses, it’s a sure fire way to make bad decisions and lose even more.
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience too. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Well, about being optimistic, there are worse things that can happen – going to jail, dying in an accident, etc etc. ๐Ÿ™‚
    TianChad: Yeah, damn kau soi this time. If only I had gone to a different table it would be so different. Or just at a different time. So many variables. Oh well, I have to eat bread for two months now. ๐Ÿ™‚
    shimmers999: …which has now been cured! By poverty! =D
    ShaolinTiger: Yeah, chasing back losses is one hell of a thing to do. Extremally risky.
    Nah, would never do something as stupid as that. Heh! I’ve seen what they do, with some associates in that line. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    O_o: Yeah, I’m regretting it already too. Oh well, what’s happened has happened. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Jason Chow: Yeah, I have a very stupid tendency to go against the trend, to try and buck it, just like I have a healthy amount of disdain for authority. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I don’t like following.
    However, yes that was pretty stupid of me, if I had bet on Red on that last ditch game, I would have won a clean fucking RM 7,000.
    Oh well, such is the luck of the draw. ๐Ÿ™‚
    aud: Yeah, at least you will see me getting skinner. T_T
    One good thing is that I won’t be drinking anymore – can’t afford it. Haha!
    pfft: Are you working in Genting? ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Puti Xing: Yeah mate, I am feeling the pain right about now. ๐Ÿ™
    I just hide it really well. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Hey, thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it. ๐Ÿ™‚
    rocket: Yeah, had a good time…spent quite a bit in Genting with the theme park, food and several other shit.
    Haha! Sorry to hear that mate. Such is our luck. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Jenny: I shall try it to reverse the effects of my drinking. Thanks for the tip! ๐Ÿ™‚
    I have serious doubts about your “in no time” timeline. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    It would take at least 2-3 months to get me in the black again after the credit card debt, more to be able to live my normal lifestyle. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Hey, sorry to hear that, are we still in the same area? ๐Ÿ™‚
    Paul: Haha! Yes, but that’s cured now…by poverty. ๐Ÿ˜‰

15. >Oh well, I have to eat bread for two months now. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Do you mean after two month, you have 35k in your bank account? Damn. What sort of work do you do? A gigolo or sperm donor or something?

16. rocket: Nope, that’s insane! I won’t even be able to live my normal lifestyle until after 3-4 months. ๐Ÿ™
    I ate bread and eggs last night – same menu for the rest of the week. Heh!

17. OMG Huai Bin, you’re crazy! I don’t know what to say as I have not lost so much money before but just keep out of gambling for a while yah? or else you’ll be eating bread crumbs for the rest of the year!

18. There is nothing wrong with eating bread. Just be creative. Fresh bread, toast, charred, crumbled, deep freid. Throw in eggs and there’s a whole new menu. Oh ya, eggs is good for sperm production and you can keep donating.

19. HB, I feel your pain. I lost some cash(which shall remain undisclosed) due to some seriously bad judgement. Ok, rough day, end of story.
    Take this as God’s way of telling you to go easy on the booze. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Hey, this seriously reminded me of Project Miser.

20. why would you buy a Gen2? Why would anyone? I rather spend that money in Genting, ha ha.
    Why is there a hose in the toilet?

21. I feel for you. But if living life to the fullest means losing this amt of money, I ask you to think again hor. You can buy so many things with this RM$35,000…wow, it’s 5 digits!!!
    Hope you will be wiser next time and dont be tempted to ‘donate’ yr money to them. The poor would benefit from your donations instead.

22. who is the girl with white teeth? I have never seen such white teeth, they are simply amazing. is this your latest gf?

23. eiling: Yeah, am stopping now. ๐Ÿ™
    This is getting way too much and now I can’t even put the downpayment on my condo. :S
    rocket: Haha! Yup, that’ll be my dinner for the next month at least. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Dheepan: Yup, especially the drinking part – that would definately be an improvement to my health. ๐Ÿ™‚
    EVo: Haha! Well I was bummed but went up with a friend so just go with the flow and have fun at the theme park. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Cheers: EXACTLY BRO! =D
    I was thinking about it last night.
    You read my mind. Hehe! I was thinking this would be perfect to kickstart Project MISER again. ๐Ÿ™‚
    rocket: Haha! What I need is to earn it back again! ๐Ÿ™‚
    vun fung: Yeah, I have no choice. I don’t have any money now. ๐Ÿ™
    Total it up: I can buy a house outright mate. I’m serious, that’s how much I’ve lost in Genting. Fuck. ๐Ÿ™
    rocket: It’s a bidet for cleaning your ass after taking a dump. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Mellissa: Yeah, wished I had left during the 1.7k win, wished I had gone to Fraser’s instead. Oh well.
    As the saying goes “wish in one hand, shit in the other and see which one gets filled first”. ๐Ÿ™‚
    ahlost: Thanks Rose! T_T
    Chee Ching: Haih. More like a million. That was my condo downpayment. Stupid for me to withdraw, but I can’t let a 13k loss go so I compounded it with another 20+k. ๐Ÿ™
    Magnolia: Yeah I know, I can travel Europe, US, and South America weith that money. Fuck.
    It was meant for my condo downpayment too. Oh well.
    Guppy: Of course not, went up with a friend.
    rocket: No, she’s not my girlfriend. Jesus, not everyone I hang out with is my girlfriend. ๐Ÿ™‚

24. Seriously dude, what’s with the condo? Why do you need to buy a condo? There is now rule/law that says you must buy a condo.
    Next time, stick with horses. You have better odds of winning. Find a 5 hourse race, there’s always a 100-1 hourse which you can rule out straight away. Then there’s an overweigh jockey, no way his horse will win. the horse with three legs is not going to win either. Take a place (not a win) on either horse and you pretty much come out ahead.
    But doesn’t more gamble solve a gambling issue?

25. When I saw you tweet about this yesterday it kinda made my head spin. I’d probably be begging the doctor for a month’s worth of sedatives and then just saying goodnight for the next few days.
    anyway, i don’t normally blog on other people’s topics but i had to write something as a response to this. gambling is something i just don’t get – i spent a long weekend in vegas a few years back and pretty much avoided the gaming floors of the casinos. I had a great weekend but the gambling side of it left me cold.
    anyway, there’s a bit more on vegas and some of my shots of the place, plus me trying to get my head around what happened to HB here:

26. I believe this will be your highest commented post ever! Do you know that you have 100k deposit in Genting savings account? 50k after rehab, 11k last month, 35k recent…gosh, increase your income first, when you accumulate enough of “disposable income” then go Genting and withdraw back all your money!

27. wtf~~ 35K ! Seriously dude,tat’s large sum of money u donate to uncle lim… anyway, take care & don drink too much air suam + roti kosong. not so healthy!

28. I am going to be bold here. There are plenty of bad influences in your blog. Try to ignore comments from MrPP, Jason Chow, pfft, rocket and Guppy. You should have more friends like Magnolia.

29. suituapui: Indeed…there goes the condo. The hazards of life on the fast lane. ๐Ÿ™‚
    rocket: I don’t have money to gamble anymore. I’m totally serious. :S
    Chee Wee: Cheers bro, but I go for gut feel. Unfortunately, everything was against me that day. Oh well.
    I can’t win it back anytime soon coz I am experiencing poverty. >.

30. Hang in there hb. It too bad, but remind me of the trip to las vegas last week with my college buddy, we lost $4000 in blackjack. Hope luck will return again, not to worry.

31. I hope your parents read this post and they’ll be so proud of you!
    I have read your earlier gambling posts and I knew very well the day would come. I don’t know what’re you trying to prove or impress others upon with this post? Sympathy? You have got to get this disease fixed before you pull others down with you especially your family or loved ones. Repent!

32. I hereby bestow you with all the luck you can get. Now… go back and show em who’s boss! Borrow from your friends if you must! Just avoid loansharks. But friends are ok.

33. Your vodka lasted quite long. I’m surprised. I think I have explanation why you keep losing. Will tell you when I get back. Meanwhile, take a break from gambling. Take my advice and you’ll thank me later.

34. Michale (Mike): Cheers bro! All the best to you too! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Tay: Thanks mate, yup, that is true for everything. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Harry: Erm, not registering your comment. You need to learn a bit of PR. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    LadyLuck: Thanks! Nah, won’t go back again, not my style to borrow from people. I shall only play for fun next time. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Consider it a loss and write it off. ๐Ÿ™‚
    chunsiang: Marriage? Well, you can always have a small ceremony. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Real friends, real family instead of 1,000 people you don’t know. ๐Ÿ™‚
    wkloke: Haha! No capital, super broke. It can’t happen. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks though.
    Jacquelyn: Same here, 35k is a lot to lose. ๐Ÿ™
    annna: Thanks Anna! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Yup, not going up anytime soon, no money to gamble anyway. See ya soon!
    rocket: Hey, fucking good article…haha, gives me an idea. But yeah, not sure what I limit my withdrawal as, think it’s everything so I can’t do that. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Tey Cindy: HAR!!! I just lost 35k no money already la. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Simon Seow: Food for thought. Haha! I shall go check. ๐Ÿ™‚
    bob123: That was in Fire Element and Castitas – my drug blogs, not on my main blog bro. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Jerine: It’s not the original bottle, I got another one from my China trip.
    Okay will wait for your theory when you come back from AU. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Si: You know, that actually makes a damn fucking whole lot of sense if you consider NA’s theory of cross and substitute addictions. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Cheers but I can’t afford to do anything illegal now. ๐Ÿ™‚

35. dogbone: Yeah, it was a last ditch attempt to recoup the losses. It was a good try, but it failed in the end. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Oh well, gotta start saving up again! =D
    Chee Wee: Heh! I doubt there is a next time – I am super damn broke now. T_T

36. HB, are you doing project miser again? I mean seriously….without the overpriced bottled water from 7-11 etc….

37. Oh god, that’s a ton of money AUD12,000! I can a hermes bag with that :-O. But the good thing is, you can always earn back the money, right?

38. Hi
    This is stupid, and you harm yourself and your loved ones. It’s not about “living in the fast lane”. This is useless destructive behaviour.
    Not taking responsibility (for yourself and others) is not “manly”.
    You have apparent talents with respect to writing and storytelling.
    My suggestion: Write a book about your ups and downs and sorrows, and experiences in Malaysia and abroad. If you are honest, and not try to show-off too much, i guess it could sell in good numbers, and you might earn back some of your lost money (and maybe more..).
    Don’t waste your life. Somebody loves you. Best Wishes. I mean it.
    -Negerkung

39. Penguin: It’s serious Project MISER now. ๐Ÿ™
    Cecilia: Yup, think on the bright side, you can always get the money back. =D
    Xenon: Yeah, know all about substitute addictions from my NA course. ๐Ÿ™‚
    You are right.
    Negerkung: Thanks bro! I really appreciate the straight up, no holds barred comments. That is what real friends are for…to tell you when you’re wrong. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thank you for that, much appreciated. ๐Ÿ™‚

40. Dude, you are lossing your mojo, only 75 comments. What’s going on here? And who’s teh girl with the white teeth? ha ha ha

41. “You know, that actually makes a damn fucking whole lot of sense if you consider NA’s theory of cross and substitute addictions. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Cheers but I can’t afford to do anything illegal now. :)”
    I definitely agree with the theory of cross substitute addictions, I guess you have backed yourself into such a tight corner with drugs that the decision has been made for you really, ie. Don’t. Addicts only quit when they have no alternative right? I know I do.
    But try and imagine how limited your options will be if you back yourself into the same corner with a gambling problem. Drugs can kill you, but debt can obliterate you especially if you owe the wrong people.
    Why how grown up of me.. I’m off to play in the traffic to try and regain some balance!

42. rocket: She’s a friend who went up to help with my photos for a writeup. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Si: I agree too. Addicts are addicts. You either substitute or you go on.
    Don’t worry, I don’t borrow money from people, I just use my own money to gamble. ๐Ÿ™‚
    …but in same ways the government fucks us too – alcohol, brain damaging, is legal, while opiates, especially prescription ones, totaly non-neurotoxic, is not. ๐Ÿ™

43. Last time i lost few hundred dollars it affected my sleep for a few nights… lol.
    Sorry, but nice balls u haf.
    Hope you quit, coz i quit too. Gambling is scheme with the House edge always winning.

44. Anonymous: Oh sorry to hear that! Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I’m losing big right now. ๐Ÿ™
    At least you learned your lesson. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Anonymous: Thanks! It takes balls to play reasonably big stakes and to chase back your winnings but it can empty your bank account too.
    The house always wins. I totally agree. ๐Ÿ™‚

45. I thought losing 15k during Wesak was bad..your loss was a whole lot worse! It’s not easy to quit while you’re ahead..I know,been there before. If we gamble for the thrill and adrenaline rush,losing is a sure thang. If we gamble to win,well,we shud quit while we’re ahead. Easier said than done though..but gotta try la..or else we’ll end up huddling under the flyover which’ll be our new home ๐Ÿ˜‰

46. bankerdragon: I know…I could have just stopped and taken the 13k loss but I just HAD TO win so I put in another 21k to recoup the losses.
    Bad fucking idea.
    It might have worked if I was on a different table, or a different time or a hundred other variables…but I was not.
    I was on the losing table.
    I actually gamble to win, and this was a purely “trip costs only” trip. I won RM 1,700 in my very first bet.
    I should have left then – that is way more than enough. Oh well.
    Yes, we’ve really gotta stop this shit. I’m quitting now coz I’m dead ass broke. ๐Ÿ™‚
    We’ll be buddies if we end up huddling under the flyover. ๐Ÿ˜‰

47. I’m not gonna give you unsolicited advice about the evils of gambling but do try to set a losing limit. That way you dun go overboard and blow your hard earned cash. My limit is a +-15k losing limit. If I’m oredi down 15k,really no point trying to recover. Accept the fact that it’s one of those motherfcuking days that nothing is going your way. Not going to tell you to quit gambling altogether either..bcoz you ain’t gonna stop even if your pastor pontificate to you. Eventually you’ll strike a balance as you mature as you meander thru your life journey. Ha ha..I’m speaking from experience. No,bro,I dun wish to fraternize with nobody under the flyover especially those built under the Semi Value era. But we could have a beer if we have the fate of meeting in the IR someday. I can recognise your hair style from a mile away,with or without the gel. ;D

48. bankerdragon: HAHA! Cheers to that bro! May we never live under flyovers. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Hey, I rotate when I play – it’s usually Genting but I go to First World casino too but it frustrates me coz of their low table max (plonked down 20k and the pit boss told me max is 12k). I like the IR – but I can’t bring friends in since I’m the only one with the Genting card for access.
    You get to meet all sorts of people in IR.
    I’m usually at Elite Baccarat in IR when I go up, but only for a short while since I have friend(s) waiting for me.
    I have really no limit except my bank account balance. I was hoping to win back that 20k and maybe if I had gone to the IR, I would have with their 20k max betting limit on Roulette. Oh well.
    Catch you around, gimme a text if you’re ever there.
    After I recover from my fortune reversal bro. ๐Ÿ™‚

49. Hey brother…..in my years of frequenting casino and private gambling, I strongly believe in what we called “hong” in hokkien.
    When you have “hong”, you are unbeatable. You bet on a horse with three legs and it will still win. You get a pair of kings in black jack and you hit for an Ace. You bet on no 13 in roulette all night and you win every spin.
    Last time I was in Genting, I won in every machine. The odds in that is like 1 in 40,000. Next day, I tried to repeat my sucess but hong has gone away, lost all my previous winnings and more. later that night, the hing came back and I won in every manchine, coming out even.
    So my brother, feel the “hong”. If you lose three rounds straight, go back to hotel room and do the horizontal rumba instead.

50. Sure thang,bro,er,wats your mobile no.? And hope your reversal of gambling fortune comes soon. Btw,dun gamble drunk,quit when winning bcoz the house always wins and nobody has ever become fabulously rich by taking on the casinos. Finally,bro,pls google the story of Terrance Watanabe,an American businessman who lost a mind-numbing 200 million greenbacks within a year in Vegas. Hasta la vista,comprade!

51. rocket: The hong has gone for me. Even 4D no luck and I was hoping to win the 12 mil jackpot. Bought RM 600+ too – RM 50 minimum on each number.
    Never again – odds always against you. I shall not gamble anymore at this stage. No money. This is one vice I don’t need.
    bankerdragon: 016 888 2069
    It hasn’t come yet. I always gamble drunk it goes hand in hand together. Wow, that is a huge amount to lose. Jesus Fucking Christ!

52. J2Kfm (Malaysian Food Blog): Yeah bro, tell me about it. I’m still hurting financially now. ๐Ÿ™
    I must win it back (when I have gathered my army).
    Currently, I’m broker than Brokeback Mountain. ๐Ÿ™

53. Since you know is it’s all stats and math and a bit of luck, do not really understand how can you lost so much.
    Base on you what you wrote, you just bet on hints and luck.
    I been a frequent flyer with my calculation and stats up there and my odds of winning is better then what I lost but since my job change my plat membership have now downgraded to blue :

54. TY: You’re totally right, my friend. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m not a gambler per se, it’s not my hobby to spend hours on the tables. I like to get in and out, perhaps you can say that my hobby is WINNING.
    I bet purely on luck and gut feel. I bet high and exit. I don’t sit there for hours like some of my friends and bet small while hoping to catch a dragon or for the odds to stack against the house.
    My style is quick entry, quick exit with high bets and even higher recovery bets if I lose.
    I actually won RM 1,700 from my very first initial bet of RM 2,300 and I should have left but I was drunk and I got greedy.
    Anyway, that’s how you lose RM 35,000 – chasing back your wins with RM 10,000 bets. ๐Ÿ™‚

55. here’s a tip .. get a savings account with no atm card.. every month transfer the money that you need to save to that account immediately after you receive your salary…then even in an alcohol induced state.. you won’t be able to touch the account…

56. fucker: Thanks! Good idea but you still can withdraw from the account if there is a branch in Genting. That is how I withdrew the 21k, from the Maybank branch in Genting, don’t need an ATM card for that, just your MyKad. ๐Ÿ™‚

57. boo yah got me there… still workable just get an account with another bank that does not have a branch in genting ๐Ÿ™‚
    all the best!

58. Cannot be greedy. Took me a few weeks to win $48K. Than lost all in just a couple of hours! Casino will always win in the end. Luckily for my case, it is just an iPhone black jack game.

59. Cannot be greedy. Took me a few weeks to win $48K. Than lost all in just a couple of hours! Casino will always win in the end. Luckily for my case, it is just an iPhone black jack game.

60. Better: Thank God for that. Heh! Yeah, the house always wins, that’s why it’s good for business.
    However, there’s a one in a million chance you can beat the house big time though. I didn’t get that chance. ๐Ÿ™‚

61. Well…despair no more…the world cup is here…time for the “sun to rise again” ๐Ÿ™‚ ride out the tough times and good times will follow…what’s the point of life if you are just going through the motion? I salute your principals and your way…risk it, face it and conquer it…good times will be waiting…stay positive stay cool….

62. Social Stranger: Haha! I’m not betting on any of the World Cup matches…should have though 2 of the matches I had my eye on won. Oh well. I don’t have any money to bet anyway.
    Thanks mate, appreciate the kind comments! ๐Ÿ™‚

63. I play roulette for some times also. Not a pro but 2-cents suggestion is to place bet only AFTER the dealer spin, especially when you bet big (compare to table limit), the dealer can control the ball landing location (hard to believe? try again and better believe).

I have seen worse lost than this … Judge for yourself. If can, dont gamble (I know you are cursing me ๐Ÿ™‚ )

64. I am not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this How I lost RM 35,000 in Genting » sixthseal.com for my mission.

65. Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is magnificent, as well as the content!. Thanks For Your article about How I lost RM 35,000 in Genting » sixthseal.com .

66. Losing money in casino is normal but its not normal to lose RM33K in very short period of time. You could have played slowly with patient. But anyway if you had won you would have definately gone there again and lose everything. Thats the trend.

My worst luck was, I changed RM14K in baccarat and placed RM1K bet in a game, you wont trust me.. I have losted all the 14 games I bet. I have just followed game sequence and follow people. Then I have decided to stop going to this lausy place.

67. It’s common to loose 40k 50k a night. Thing is if u can loose that much, make sure u are capable to win at least triple that amount when u r lucky. My max win per session app70k, max lost is 15k limits. 20k 30k winnings is more easier to achieved, so don’t loose more than 10k each time

68. Lost nearly RM 2mil in 2010. Would be happy if the losses still stick at 5 figure.

U just can’t win even ur IQ is up to 180.

Winner are always the owner of the casino, not player.

69. Damn..my story was worst. I lost almost 7k in just 3 days, to make things more interesting those money I spent was my PTPTN money..!!!! I literally cried all the way down while I was driving down the hill. I really thought I could survive by gambling..damn i was so freaking wrong..before this I used to win almost 2.2k in 7 days straight and starting to get addicted. And on the bloody 8th time I visited, I kept losing my bets on roulette (I only plays roulette at that time) I withdrawn 1000 bucks three times and my bet seems fruitless. Then i decided to drive down..I must admit i cant sleep the whole fucking night..
    Then 1 week later I went back up this time I told to myself if I win my money back is will be my last trip to genting. Bloody lost 1800 on the 8th day that time I played 3 picture card and bacaratt..this is when i drove down crying (yes i kid you not) I was soo angry at my cousin who introduce this to me last year swearing at everyone around me including one of my friend who insisted me to go up this year..Then the very next day (9th) I went up this time i took 2k which is the money left from yesterday after losing 1.8k..then I played bacaratt initially and it was slow winning then changed to 3 picture cards Still loss so finally went back to roulette and cash in 900 of coloured chips this and this one fella claim to be a pro came to me and told me that my way of betting is wrong and I should follow the “flow”..wtf..?!?! This guy actually claimed to be an Indonesian staying at a Hotel somewhere near Jln Ipoh so he seemed desperate and said that he had lost 12k yesterday and going back that night itself to bring more money from his wife and he had no money on him now. I TRUSTED him and let him bet using MY CHIPS using his so called “flow”, he told me that he can help me win atleast 3k I was quite happy at that time..so, the first bet was a hit but only one chip was bet on the number out of 20+ chips.. so okay this guy seemed believeable the next round he took all my chips as if like the chips were his and bet everything on the numbers around 500 bucks and freaking missed everything!!! What happened next was more interesting this guy just simply said sorry and walked off.!!!! FML..!! I felt like someone just robbed me infront of my eyes..he seemed to be a nice guy speak good English and dressed decently..I was oblivious to all this really didn’t see that coming. Then I quickly get out of that casino and again drove down cryinggg…I felt sooo fucking stupid and guilty really guilty i felt sorry to my parents aunties and uncles who funded my studies..that’s the reason why i got the guts to use the PTPTN money..I regretted my action those money was my allowences for daily expense…I wish I never gone to that place or never knew that place …I could’ve save soo much money and spend it on necessary stuff like books and others…I’m crying again now..After reading this blog i realised i wasn’t the only one losing..but i admit that I must be the only one to be such Idiotic..
    I learnt my lessons ..literally lessons worth 7K so here they are,
    1. There’s no easy earned money, money must be earned through sweat and tears *(not my kind of tears)
    2. Never trust anyone in such places everyone is as cunning as a devil in there.
    3. NEVER FUCKING GO THERE AGAIN..!!!!!!
    The money could have been spent on books, foods and soo much more
    I swear to myself I’ll either screw up my life or spend more money going there getting back to get the money that I’ll never ever get back..! I’m crying again now……
    The amount of trips I’ve made to that bloody hill is less than 20 trips so its like 7k plus travling fee which cost abt 30 per trip another 600 added to the 7k…I just wanna put a full stop to all this crap..its addictive so guys after reading all this testimonies..never ever gamble in a casino..after this my life will be a gamble worring abt what to eat tmr..damn…my 7k..
    I’m having trouble eating and sleeping and crying constantly each time thinking about that 7k…
    Guys remember the eternal rule “the house always wins”..!!
    sobbing again…huhuhu…